Thursday, July 9, 2015

Gecko Galz Spotlight

Last month each of the members of the Gecko Galz Design Team was spotlighted and each showed some of the items they had I created using some of the great images of Gecko Galz.  It was so successful that they decided to spotlight each member again. I am spotlighted on the 9th of the month.

Basically we are using images for this month's Customer's Challenge which is "Seaside Memories".  Below is how I used some of the images.

The first thing I did was to alter a calendar/planner that I had.  To the right is a lovely seashell next to a starfish;,at the bottom center is a cute image of a little girl at the beach.  At the top of the calendar at the left is a small Gecko Galz image of a seahorse Additional embellishments include a black shinny black border sticker, and some stenciling, and a little scribbling.

Front of Memo Pad

 
Back of Pad
I took an old memo pad and decorated it with numerous GG images.  I first started with Gesso on the pad, and  added scraps of cardstock for the background.  In various places I added a little watercolor and then placed the images on the background and used a black marker to make some of the images to pop.

This card is a collage.  It has a little bit of everything.  Not only are there images from Gecko Galz, but there are some plastic colored fish, but a piece of tinted rubber matting.  All of this is on a watercolor background.
I am using watercolors again f or the background on t his card.  The collage is made of Gecko Galz images only.
 
 
Below is the Gecko Galz freebie from my blog.  Feel free to grab it and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. love your projects and thanks for the freebie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your altered planner and notebook, Vicki and your cars are beautiful. Love the stamp, too. Thanks! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your pieces this month. Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful beachy creations! love the freebie! xo

    ReplyDelete