Friday, July 17, 2015

Challenge #116 - "Hearts and Flowers"

I hope to see loads of entries for this challenge as it is very easy.    The theme is "Hearts and Flowers".  Your entry may have EITHER or BOTH hearts and flowers on it.  This gives you many possibilities.
Vicki
You really can't tell by the scan, but t his is a very delicate-looking card.  I ran the white cardstock through the dotted embossing folder and.  On top of that I put the Floppy Latte image from Stitchey Bear Outlet with a grey mat.  As embellishment I place a silver trim and butterflies on the card.  The flowers were colored with Copics
 
Barbara
For the first week of the Hearts and Flowers challenge I used this beautiful digi from Floppy Latte at Stitchy Bear. I used a sketch from The Crooked Stamper Sketch #6 and flipped it horizontal . I coloured the image with copics and used a black butterfly that was sitting on my table and added some pink rhinestones for the body. There isn't a sentiment on the front or inside as I like a few generic cards on hand and this image can be used for just about any occasion, I'm sure I will use this image  often too.
Karla
For the first week of Hearts and Flowers I used an image kindly supplied by our sponsor Stitchy Bear and it is called Almost kissing. It is a lovely silhouette. I attached corner border sticker and added a red rose after mounting my couple onto a cardstock and a scrapbook vintage paper. Hope you play along with us! Have an inspiring weekend!

Michele
Our DT was given digital images from Stitchy Bear artist Floppy Latte to work with for this challenge and I was asked to use a digital image called "Doves and Heart Frame."  I thought this image would make a nice wedding gift tag. I used some designer paper from Gecko Galz for the background and decided not to color the digital stamp but to just print it out, fussy cut it and add it to the colorful paper. I picked up on the white color theme by using a white die cut border, a white heart brad and white ribbon.  I also added a sentiment sticker from my stash.



I used the lovely dogwood image from Stitchy Bear's In the garden, kindly supplied by the sponsor, colouring this with chameleon pens and then die cutting using one of the Spellbinder marvelous squares die. The background paper is from a booklet of the Country Dairy of an Edwardian Lady collection which seemed appropriate for the card. Some spotty ribbon, lace, gems and sentiment finish off the card.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely inspiration from the team. I need to apologise because I got my days mixed and was thinking Monday like it used to be. I coloured in my image ready about a week ago ... but now I can't find it. Will make the card as soon as I can xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My card is here at last ... huge apologies. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the challenge Lovely cards by the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have removed one of my entries as requested. When posting your challenges please say that only 2 entries are allowed so that we know only to add 2 entries. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card - love the butterflies. :-)
    Thank you for making such a great project using our Digis.
    It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

    Best wishes,

    IKE x

    DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

    ReplyDelete