Sunday, February 8, 2015

Second Week of Spring

I know many of  you are wishing for Springtime and the only thing you are getting is another snowstorm..  Why not brighten your day by creating a springtime entry for my challenge?  You may enter two times.  If you enter more than twice, you will be disqualified.  For the shortcut to this challenge announcement, look at the top of my sidebar.

The Design Team has been busy thinking about Spring and have created some pieces of inspiration.
Vicki
I chose to use a lovely butterfly image from my sponsor Sweet Pea Stamps.  If you go to their store you will find it in a frame.  I chose to remove her from the frame.  She is placed on designer paper of  flowers.  On top of the paper I added some whimsical flowers and a sentiment.
Hazel
For my springtime card I have used Elaine Cox's Thumbelina stamp inked with memento tuxedo black and coloured with promarkers and flexmarkers, mounted on to an offcut of striped card and then on to a card blank with a pastel tartan type pattern. I wrapped yellow and white twine around the card, finished off with felt buttons from Poundland and Papermania yellow bows, raising the image with 3D foam.
 
Barbara
For the second week of the Springtime challenge I used a Sweet Pea digital image called Spring Fairy from Connie Fong. Isn't she the sweetest image. I coloured her with Blendablities and copics layered her on a scalloped die cut then popped her up on the decorative oval die cut. I embossed the white layer with a butterfly folder.
Karla
For my design card I've used Sweet Pea Stamps digi  “Night Dreamer” by Ching Chou Kuik colouring with watercolor pencils. Then, I mounted my lovely image which I love on three scrapbook papers and I added a couple of laise trims, 3D stickers, pearls and a sentiment.
Hope you keep on playing with us> Have a magical week!
Michele
This gorgeous digital stamp called "Mary's Magic" was created by Joanne Schempp for Sweet Pea Stamps.  I colored it with colored pencils, fussy cut it and arrange it on some designer paper and cloth lace. I added a couple stickers as well.  This definitely makes me want to make sure the front yard is suitably messy so that fairies can be comfortable hiding there!  Well, anyway that's my excuse for voiding yard work!  Play along with our challenge for the chance at a  "sweet" pea prize!
 

Sweet Pea Stamps

Thanks to Sweet Pea Stamps for  the sponsorship of this challenge.

 

 

1 comment: