Sunday, September 28, 2014

Challenge #96- "Halloween Costumes and Fun"

I hope this is a fun challenge for everyone.  It is "Halloween Costumes and Fun".  I really don't do a lot of Halloween cards and when I do, they usually are on the cute side rather scary.  However, let's take a peek at how all the members of the Design Team approached this theme.
Vicki
This cute little Halloween costume is by Allipeeps which can be found on the Stitchey Bear Outlet website.  The black kettle with the sentiment is an embellishment from my stash.  The little doggie footprints are stickers.  finishing the card is a piece of raffia tied into a bow.
Hazel
I printed and coloured the image kindly supplied from the Stitchy Bear Alipeeps Art Kostume Kidz character set, tearing around the edges to mount on to the black paper, which had been printed with the white saying, the ship and treasure chest, all of which had been added digitally. Everything was then mounted on to a black card blank.
Michele
Late at night the mummies and zombies get together for their moonlight dance. It turns out these creatures aren't scary, they just want to party!  Our DT was provided some digital images to work with by the Stitchy Bear Creator Alipeeps Art.  I printed and colored (with pencils) this cute mummy and then created a little graveyard scene.  I used a designer paper from the coven paper pack by Gecko Galz and  then several stickers and die cuts to finish the scene.  The gravestone and little zombies are raised which adds some extra dimension.
Barbara
For week 1 of the challenge I chose this cute pirate from our sponsor. As you see I still haven't located my Halloween sentiment stamps but I will get them sorted soon. Coloured with copics and die cut with the large rectangles. I fussy cut the sword and top of his head so it fit in the rectangle, and left me space to put the sentiment.
Karla
For the first week of "Halloween Costumes and Fun", I've created a card using an image called Little Witch from Ali Peeps Art and you can find it at  the Stitchy Bear outlet. I colored my lovely witch digitally and added some dots to her skirt and stars to her hat. Then I layered it onto a vintage Halloween paper I found at Creative Elegance Designs. There are many fabulous freebies there. The black cat and the pumpkin are from AS Designs. The sentiment I found when I was surfing the net.  Halloween is not a tradition here. We have St Cosmas and Damian's Day on September 27th instead. People give bags of candy to celebrate them because they are regarded as the protectors of children here. Different ways of commemorating our inner child huh! Well, my lovelies, have a magical week and keep playing along with us!


 
 
Thanks again to Stitchey Bear for sponsoring this challenge.
 

1 comment:

  1. I did not know limit of 2. Sorry. Deleted all but 2.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete