Sunday, March 9, 2014

Second Week of "Anything Goes"


I love the "Anything Goes" challenge as it gives everyone to work with something they really enjoy or in the mood to do.  Only one week left and we have some great entries this time.  They are outstanding.  If you haven't joined in, please do so as the Design Team would love to see what you create.  Also, I would really love it if you became a follower.

Since this is a "Anything Goes" challenge (link to the original post on my sidebar) I am going to show what I used for my mat of my card.
A friend and I got together and worked with our acrylic paints on the Gelli Plate the first part of this week.  When you change colors, you try to clean your brayer a little on a piece of scrap paper so the colors won't be muddy.  Well, the above is mine.  I cut a part of it away and used it below on my card.
Vicki
One would never realize that this was a "cleaning sheet" for my brayer.  As you can tell I don't throw anything away.  On top of the mat is one of my favorite Gecko Galz images along with a little lace.   The colors seem to match perfectly.  The wax seal of the dragon fly was something another friend gave me because she couldn't think of a use.
Hazel
I matted this beautiful Easter image from Gecko Galz on to an offcut of striped paper. I covered the card blank with a piece of Raspberry Road Designs paper and simply added two golden yellow flowers that were left from a pack that I bought years ago from Early Learning Centre (how I wish they had continued to stock them).
Karla B
I had fun creating this card for the second week of Anything Goes. I was feeling kinda romantic so I decided to use pink which is a lovely color. The image is from our sponsor Gecko Galz and it was layered on a floral background. I combined it with two different ribbons I had bought some time ago and some flowers. I love mixing things. The effect is always amazing. A  floral heart was layered behind the sentiment which was adorned by a small flower. Why Precious? Because we all are precious and sacred.
 
 Michele
I love working with images from our sponsor Gecko Galz. I used background paper and images from 2 different collage sheets to make this fantasy card.  The "dream" stamp is from Inkadinkado and the border is from K and Company.
 Barbara
I used pink this week again for my card, the image is from our sponsor Gecko Galz and was a March freebie from their site. the script is left over from last weeks card. The layers were scraps as well as the dsp which is some very retired paper from stampin' up. Just did a bit of colouring with my spectrum noir and bic markers.
Petra
I have had this wonderful image from Gecko Galz in my drawer for a very long while. And now was the occasion to use it. I made a create with a slightly textured surface and combined it with a recycled tag, part of an old magazine page, lace, crochet flower, buttons and some other left-overs.


My sponsor for this challenge is Gecko Galz.  Make a trip to their site and see what wonderful images they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment