Monday, September 23, 2013

Second Week of "Hats" Theme


There is one week left to enter my challenge "I Love Your Hat".  You can use any kind of hat you wish.  You may enter anything as long as a hat is included.  The Design Team is again working with the beautiful images of Rick StDennis as noted in their descriptions.
Vicki
I knew that minute I saw this image I wanted to do something for the fall season.  I colored t he fur coat in different shades of brown with my Copic markers.  To coincide with the sentiment I attached a number of leaves I had punched in various colors of cardstock.
 
Hazel
I've used the 1935 hat digi stamp kindly supplied by Rick Stdennis, our sponsor, coloured with spectrum noirs, die cut and edged with a purple spectrum. I used a ready decorated shaped card blank on to which I put a horizontal strip of a print that was made with my gelli plate, a stencil and acrylic paint.  Ribbon, flowers and lace/ribbon from stash

Barbara.
This week I used the same image from Rick St dennis but made it smaller, I wanted the feel of a cameo in a vintage frame. The frame is a Spellbinders die called Opulent Ovals and I used a glitter paper I bought at the Dollar Tree, it is a fine glitter but on an almost plastic like backing. I added some swirls from a Tim Holtz flourish die and a few pearls.
Michele
If you've got a fancy hat and you've also got a friend then take a photo together in your fancy hats! This vintage image from Twisted Papers is a hoot and I couldn't resist using it for my week two inspiration piece for this challenge.  I added a few simple embellishments but really the photo speaks for itself!  I hope you will join this fun challenge.
Krisha
Using the same image as last week I made a wall hanging, by printing my digi from Rick St. Dennis, larger than normal.  I used pencil and markers to color her, then she was mounted to a mixed media hardboard.  The words, other than Divas, are PC generated.
 
Petra
May I introduce you to Daisy Kate Hatter? Isn't her hat quite something? I layered the image on lots of retro-looking patterend papers and added some twine, blong and button for embellishment.
What a fun image! I coloured her in shades of pink, layered her on some more pinks! I played with foam stamps and Distress ink in Victorian Velvet to create a background for the image. A doily and some pearls finishes of my card. Put on your hat and join the challenge!
 
Special Guest Designer
Monique Van Dijk
 Here is a great gift idea, easy and fun to make. I used 2 bottles of bath salt, a piece of soap, a scented candle and a box.   Colouring the hair is my fav part to colour on these ladies, specially the red hair, because I think blond is more difficult to colour. The part I have the most trouble with is the make up of the ladies.

When they are all coloured, I cut them out and glued them to the bottles, the candle, the tag and the box. I added some lace to the bottles and the tag.
 

 

 
I hope you have enjoyed the digital images of Rick St. Dennis.  If you have, then I am sure you will want to take advantage of the sale he is having on the 5 vintage ladies with hats we have shown on this and on the challenge announcement post.  The sale is here:  http://sparkleandglitterwithrick.blogspot.nl/2013/04/mothers-day-gift-idea.html  A picture of the five that are on sale is below:
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Super autumnal card, Vicki - love the colouriing of the fur coat. x

    ReplyDelete