Monday, July 1, 2013

"From the Past"

We are beginning the second week of our challenge "From the Past"  If you have taken a look at the site of my sponsor Vintage Image Craft, you will see all the wonderful images they have.  We are only spotlighting a few.
Vicki
My card has good ole Uncle Sam with a firecracker ready to celebrate the 4th.  The designer paper behind him has all the images of the 4th on it.  A mat of red cardstock mats the image from the designer paper.  Of course, my image is from my sponsor Vintage Image Craft.

Michele
What a charming little boy! This vintage image from our challenge sponsor really brings a smile.  Since it is such a sweet image I embellished him very simply with coordinating papers and stickers.  Happy Independence Day to those who celebrate!
 
Krisha 
Our Sponsor, Vintage Image Craft, made this tag an easy project.  The image was mounted on a layer of 3 tags, tore at different lengths, and glued together.  The background stamp is the words to "Oh Beautiful" from A Country Welcome.  All 3 tags were aged with TH Distressed Inks. A wooden star, some aged ribbon and antiqued pearls finished it off.
Barb 
I chose this image from our sponsor, I just loved the vintage look I printed it on Very Vanilla and layered it on Old Olive and a bright yellow. Popped it up on Old Olive that I used a Fleur dis lis border punch.
I used an image from our sponsor to make this card. The borders were added using a computer craft program.
Petra
After all it is Wimbledon ... and lots of people are talking about Tennis! This lovely image from our sponsor is just perfect for the occasion. I stamped the background with Rogue Redhead stamps and layered the image on patterend paper from Papermania. Mulberry flower, a stamped sentiment, bling, button and lace completed the card.
I really like this sweet image from Vintage Image Craft and decided to keep it simple and make an ATC. I just added some dimension with Glossy Accents. The patriotic theme fits in with the 4th of July Celebrations that are coming up.  
Sharon 
This card uses a cute vintage style fairy image from Paper Imagery Designs mounted on some embossed card. I used distress ink to rub over some of the elements to give an olde worlde feel. I love to create vintage style things!

 
Don't forget to drop by and visit my sponsor.  Thanks to them we are able to have challenges..  The theme of this challenge is very easy so come on and enter.  The shortcut to the challenge announcement is at the top of my sidebar.
 

2 comments:

  1. these are gorgeous! great work design team! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my card:
    http://borqna-venkova.blogspot.com/2013/07/card-quoth-raven-anything-poes.html

    With compliments!
    Borqna

    ReplyDelete