Monday, July 15, 2013

Current Challenge

My current theme is "You Make A Lovely Couple"  I  haven't had very many entries for the challenge yet.  I know if you look through your stash, you will find an image or stamp of a man and woman or a girl and boy.  If not, don't forget you can use two different images to make up your couple.  Twisted Papers is offering a great prize, so go through your stash and create something for the challenge.

Here are some samples from the Design Team to inspire you.
Vicki
My Twisted Papers image has been distress a little and I placed it on a piece of embossed designer paper.  On top of that is some netting that came with a ham.  At the bottom is a scrap burlap ribbon.  As additional embellishment I placed two button and an sentiment that was left over from a package of sentiments.

Michele
This week I've chosen to make a tag with one of the lovely couple images from our challenge sponsor Twisted Papers.  This couple has such a friendly, easy-going way about them and such a natural feel so I chose nature themed designer papers and embellishments.  I also included a sticker along the side, "the greatest of these is love."  Enjoy!
Krisha
Week two of this great challenge and I chose to use this sweet image, courtesy of our sponsor Twisted Paper, to make an anniversary tag. I did a background paper from Scrap in a Snap, added lace trims, paper flowers, pearls and ribbon.  I distressed the edges with TH Distressed ink: Vintage Photo.
Sharon
I've used an image from our sponsor for this challenge to make my card along with papers from Gecko Galz. Vintage lace and gemstone plus a little gold "Best Wishes" tag finish it all off! This could be an engagement or wedding card!
Yvonne
A card for a special couple is my DT piece this week. Lots of layers and trimmings from my stash as well as a lovely image from our sponsor
 
.
Barb

I chose this image from Twisted Papers, they have a lot of great vintage pictures. I saw a program on PBS last Sunday (not much on TV) it was about the pictures the men carried when the went to war during the Civil War, the article said they were 4 X 5 inches (I think that is the size, I was listening with only one ear) and they quite often had embossed gold frames and were carried in tins to protect them. This was my inspiration for my "photo" I embossed a piece of gold gift bag (limited supplies) with an Asian folder cut the oval and arranged in on top of the picture with a border of early expresso card stock.
Petra
Another wonderful inspiring image from Twisted Papers - Sisters. I layered the image on patterend paper which I stitched around the edges, The sentiment (von Herzen - from the heart) is heat-embossed and covered with Stickles. The finishing touches are silk binding, some pins and a vintage button.
 
I tried to create a sense of age, of days gone by with my very simple card.  The background is direct to paper with a copper stamp pad and some extra inking with a brush. I distressed the edges of the 'old photo' & layer with a scissors and brown pastel. It will make a fun anniversary or wedding card, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment