Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Second Week of "In the Garden"

We are hosting a second week of "In the Garden" challenge.  You can use either the garden itself or the results of gardening like flowers and vegetables or fruits.  We have had a very good response to this challenge, but we still have a week to check out your entries, so try to show us your "green thumb" entries.  As usual the winner will be chosen by random generator and I will notify the winner on Tuesday following the end of the challenge.
Vicki
I really do not know how to use watercolors, but I thought I would try my hand on this image from Digi Darla, my sponsor for this challenge.  The background is an assortment of various designer papers and cardstock.
Michele
This sweet little girl by Digi Darla reminded me of a photo of my husband's daughter when she was a little one. She had those blonde pigtails and the same sweet love of nature. So it was perfect for a Father's Day card for my DH. I colored her with pencils and layered her with designer card stock and other goodies. One last week to explore the garden in your art! I look forward to seeing what you make.

Sharon
My card for this week started out as an ATC which I then made into this card. The little girl image is from Heather Ellis & she is perfect for this challenge sitting in her garden with a little bird on her finger!
Jenn
Jenn made an altered coaster using one of Digi Darla's pretty images. The sentiment is a rub-on sentiment from Stampin' Up! The coaster has been painted with Gesso and then with acrylic paint.

Petra
It is so wonderful to be able and go in the garden, it is brimming with flowers and fruits at the moment. This little girl also enjoys the flowers and lottle butterfly. This is one of Digi Darla's very sweet digital stamps which I coloured with Copics and layered it on one recycled tag. The background worked so well.
Valerie

This is my tag for week 2 of the *In the Garden* Challenge. It has been made from distressed and embossed cardboard. The image is from Graphics 45, mounted on a scrap of card, stamped with various motives in forest moss. I added 2 rub on roses and a feather.  Have a good week you all! Valerie

1 comment: