Monday, January 23, 2012

More Birds

Here are the Design Team's creations for the second week of "Birds of a Feather" challenge.  We really want to see what you can create.  So go to the top post and submit your entry.   
Vicki 
I  created my card with a scrap of paper on which I had previously done an embossing and webbing technique.   I had used gold webbing and blue embossing mixed together.  For the card I started with a cream cardstock base, and on it I placed a part of a French music sheet.  On that I put the scrap of webbing cardstock at an angle.  On top of that is a bird image from Alpha Stamps.  I just love the bird collage sheet from Alpha Stamps  Finishing touch to the card are a couple of flowers resembling those in the image.

                                                  
Jenn
Jenn made an ATC.
Sharon
I've used a great collage sheet from Lisa's Altered Art to print onto my simple little tag and have then overprinted with the bird quote. I've stapled some fibres to the top to finish it off - it's nice and flat so would make a great bookmark!
Michele
Birds are the best and Alphastamps offers so many fabulous images to work with. The bird image and the text here are from Alphastamps. The rest of the embellishments are stash items. You still have a week to play! Please join in.
I had a such a great time making this tag! So pretty and so easy! The image and wording are from our sponser...Alpha Stamps. I took a white tag and laid strips of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape onto the tag. I lightly distressed the tape with Victorian Velvet and Tattered Rose Distress Inks. The metal bird and leaf embellishments are also from Tim. The roses are those wonderful resin pieces and they went perfectly with the image. The ribbon is seam binding colored with Spun Sugar Distress Stain
Petra
The focal point for my card is a wonderful image from this month's sponsor Alpha Stamps. I love the tranquility and the colours of the image. Not to distract from the image I kept the surrounding features to a minimum. I stamped some lettering (Kaisercraft) on a square white card. The edges of the image are distressed with gold ink and then layered on black  card. To give a little bit more depth I added some German Scraps and a little bling.

2 comments: