Sunday, September 4, 2011

Challenge ##24 -" Portraits"

I hope everyone likes the variety that I have tried to put in my challrngs. This time we are thinking about portraits..These should be "head shots" using your stamps or digis. It should not have the whole figure shown.. And yes, you can have animal portraits also.
Vicki
Every time I thnk of portraits I think of old ones that may have been found in someone's attic. This is the thought as I made my card. I took the designer paper and did a little Cuttlebug Highlighting on it in gold ink. It blended in perfectly with the paper, but gave it a little more dimension. The image was distressed and torn a little to give that antique portrait appearance. I finished the card off with a lace ribbon.
Barbara
For my portrait image I chose Marie Antoinette from Stampsmith. Isn't she regal looking? I stamped her on glossy cardstock. (Sometimes the glossy affects the scan with a checked look, but she looks like a photo in real life.) Behind Marie is a vellum doily cut using a Cherry Lynn die. The background is paper which is embossed with glitter flowers. To finish off the card I added a bling fleur de lis made from pearls (Prima)
Michele
For my Portraits and; People Challenge piece I grabbed a favorite Stampsmith stamp -- an image of Diana Ross & the Supremes. Stampsmith images are mostly gorgeous photographic images. They have a lot of movie stars and famous musicians in addition to many beautiful vintage images. So here are the original "dream girls." Colored with markers and enhanced with colored pencils, I cut out my image and placed it on designer paper. I added the hearts (stamp is by Hero Arts), some flowers, lace and shiny, sequin-y stickers. I hope you'll join the fun creating art involving people or animals.
Valerie
For my DT piece I have made an altered canvas, perhaps rather unorthodox for this theme. The canvas was one which had already been used and *stripped* to give it a new lease of life. I made a background of torn paper which I painted with gesso. There was some gold leafing round the canvas before, so I left some it as it was, and painted the rest with gesso, which turned it a nice greeny grey colour. For the main picture I have used a postcard of a self protrait of Stefan Lochner, which is one of the wonderful pictures in Cologne Cathedral, painted in the middle of the 15th century. The pictures of the woman and the hands underneath it are part of some wonderful carvings in Bamberg Cathedral, carved my the great master Veit Stoss at the beginning of the 16th century. I used different embellishments - lace, sack-linen, some torn pieces of a map, some prima leaves, a flower made from antique book sides and coated with Utee, and two Rafel Angels. And of course, one of my little leopards is running through the picture. At the top I have used a silver brooch, which has a small piec of Roman glass in it, bought from the Roman-German Museum shop in Cologne.
Petra
Beauty without Words
This Lady has been tempting me since I had bought the stamp (La Blanche). I stamped her with Memento ink onto Prima Marketing paper without any further colouring and then layered it on patterned paper. The edges of the paper is slightly distressed. The embellishments are mainly from my stash, the charm from Robin and the embellished lace from Lucy. The flower is made of lace, cheese cloth and a fabric bloom.

Stampsmith Art Rubber Stamps

The Stampsmith is known for the super realistic photostamps but also carries a wide variety of images. They do custom stamp work as well. You can see the lineup at www.stampsmith.net (the website will be updated and revamped soon) and you can see the movie star photostamps here: www.stampsmith.net/ssstamps.htm. Email estelle@stampsmith.net with any questions or to order.

Stampsmith is graciously offering the winner, who will be chosrn by random generator, a $10 gift certificate.


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit on my blog.
    The butterfly is a die cut. Cheery Linn designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this new challenge theme Vicki and amazing creations from your design team!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a great challenge and I love the examples by the dt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards. I love Stampsmith images and I am on Estelle's Design Team. The images are so much fun to work with. I will have to get busy and make something for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful DT and I love what you have created I am also a fan of SS stamps ;0) Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun challenge!!! super creations by the DT too. wowza!!!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a "Thank God" retired teacher too. I have enjoyed popping into your blog
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great examples from DT. Hope my coasters are okay for the challenge brief....Suz x

    ReplyDelete