Sunday, July 3, 2011

More Background Ideas

Here are a couple of more backgrounds to inspire you for the challenge "My Favorite Backgrounds" which is now running.  My card showcases Spray Webbing.  This is a quick and simple way to make a background.  Sometimes I spray it heavy, then sometimes I like it light like it is shown here.  My image is from Stampers Anonymous.  Coloring was done with Copic markers.
Vicki
This card is also for Gingersnap Creations #105 At the Mall challenge.  Some of us have a life passion with trying on clothes.  However, that is one thing I hate to do.  I would rather try my luck and bring it home and see if it fits.
Valerie
I made a tag using alcohol ink after playing around a bit yesterday. This makes a quick and easy background. I used yellow, black and gold, and blew the spots of color with a straw to make them spread. Then I added the yellow lady, an image from my stash, after giving her a background of hologram card to make her stand out better. Added a few pearls, a spotted feather, some lace and an old earring as charm. Quick and simple to make!
Petra
Mask and Distress Inks
I used 'that special touch of masks' square mask which I moved along while applying three different Distress ink colours (Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters, Scattered Straw). Not to cover up the background too much I kept the layout very simple and just stamped a few images with Distress ink Black Soot onto the background (stamps from 7Gypsies). To enhance the background colours I mounted the little tag on black card.

1 comment:

  1. Great backgrounds!! Great inspiration - I'd better get my "entry" organised!!

    ReplyDelete