Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Stitch in Time

This card has stitching all the way around the image and the trim is sewed on.  This will give me an entry into Gingersnaps Creation.  I thought I would never get it done as my sewing machine didn't want to cooperate.  Maybe if I used it more I would have better results.

The image is from a Christmas collection that Inka has in her Altered Artifacts'  store.  I just love this one in particular.  Since she has holly in her bonnet, I decided to embellish my card with glittery holly and berries.  There was no need for a greeting as at the top of the image it says "Merry Christmas".

This post is entitled A Stitch in Time which reminds me I have one more Santa card to put up as a reminder to everyone that my challenge is ending soon. I am hoping more people will enter.  It doesn't have to be a card.  It can be a tag or project of some kind.  Just make sure you link directly to the project and become a follower.   I am giving away a great set of stamps by Firecracker Designs by Pamela.  Pamela is going out of business and has some terrific buys.  Just check her out.

This is for Gingersnaps Creations' "Sewing" challenge and Simon's Stamp and Show's challenge "Christmas Greeting".

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the image! My poor sewintg machine has not been used in over 10 years!!! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I know what you mean about the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Vicki! Vintage Christmas is my favorite, and I love the stitching. Thanks for playing in the Gingersnap challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card with a wonderful vintage feel! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Vicki, love the vintage look, and the image is ideal for the card!

    ReplyDelete