Sunday, January 9, 2011

Challenge #8 - Life in Times Past

This post will stay on top while this challenge is running.  Scroll down to see newer posts.

The Cheerful Stamp Pad is starting the new year with the theme "Life in Times Past".  Barbara and I have made a couple of cards to inspire you.
Vicki

I have chosen to put a Wisped Frame around my vintage image by Stampabilities.  The greeting is by an unknown manufacturer.  Under the mat for the image is printed cardstock which I have distressed to resemble Worn Wallpaper.  All inking was done with Vintage Photo color distressed ink.  As an accent I attached a metal piece of scroll.
Barbara

When Vicki decided on Life in Times Past as the challenge theme, I immediately went to my Stampsmith stamps. This is one of the stamps I really love. By stamping the image in sepia, I tried to keep that vintage feeling. The background was done using an embossing folder and then highlighting the raised letters. The background was also distressed using distress inks. Two filligree corners embellish the image.

Unity Stamps has graciously offered a set of their stamps to the winner of this challenge which will be picked by random generator.

To enter this challenge, please do the following:

1.  Submit your entry directly and not to your blog.
2.  Be a follower
3.  Mention my blog and challenge and Unity Stamps on your blog.


6 comments:

  1. Great challenge and cards, I'll be back to play soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the challenge. Both are beautiful cards, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both beautiful cards. Happy New Year Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I hope it is not too late to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge, glad I got home in time to join in. I hope my old kewpie doll qualifies.
    On my way to check out Unity stamps now.

    ReplyDelete