Saturday, January 16, 2010

Simple and Clean Monochromatic

I've had to change my mindset to do the next couple of cards as they are really out of my comfort zone.  I had no problem with the monochromatic part, but it was the "clean and simple" that was a challenge.  However, I wanted to try my hand by entering Gingersnap Creations' Case a Cas Challenge.  I found these fun to do and they actually were quicker to make than some of my more complicated cards.

The butterifly is Martha Stewart and the script is from my Cricut machine.  The background is tiny white dots on black cardstock.





The card at the right is a little more dramatic.  The beautiful hummingbird is by Inkadinkadoo.  In the two right corners are delicate silver stickers.  Boy, they were a pain to put on, but I think they add a lot.
 
Both of these cards were entered into the challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Both are very pretty, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful card, Vicki! And no, CAS cards don't have to be centered, although I have a hard time making things off center!! Thanks for playing! Ali

    ReplyDelete